Just when we thought we’d heard it all.
If there’s one day you want everything to be perfect, it’s your wedding day. But we know that when it comes to your big day, things don’t always go as planned. That’s why we feel so sorry for these couples, who have had their horrible wedding experiences shared on Reddit.
If you’re getting married today, or anytime soon, you might want to stop reading…
Okay, don’t say we didn’t warn you.
1. “Someone’s mobile phone started ringing loudly during the exchange of vows in church, and the guy actually answered it, and began talking in full voice, as if he weren’t even part of the occasion. The Minister stopped, because it was so intrusive, and asked him to please end it – and the guy got rude, and made some objectionable remarks. At which point the ushers escorted him out, while the idiot made a big scene.”
2. “I was at a wedding where a bridesmaid stepped back a little too close to a candle and then ‘poof’ her hair lit up in flames. The minister quickly dove into action and put the flames out with his hands and the Bible he was holding. Most memorable wedding ever though!”
3.” A wedding I attended: they popped champagne and an elderly woman screamed and covered her eye. She said the cork flew into her eye. First aid happening, everybody is worried and freaking out while the woman is crying and screaming of pain.
The cork never actually hit her, it actually flew over her. She was convinced it hit her in the eye…”
4. "Pastor dropped one of our rings. We got married at an outdoor gazebo. Ring fell between boards on the steps. Brother sprinted back to his car and got a hanger which was able to hook the ring. But the combo of hanger and ring were too wide to make it back through the crack. Luckily groomsmen were given foldable Gerber knives and they were able to use them to guide the ring through the crack. Finally got it and wedding continued."
5. "As the groom, none of the guests or family I invited showed. Family was out of state, I can understand that, friends were in town. Neither the marriage nor those friendships lasted."
6. "I went with my best friend as her 'date' and she was wearing the same off-the-rack dress as the bridesmaids. I thought it was hilarious but she was really uncomfortable and that kind of killed the whole night."
7. "The best man gave a speech at the reception in which he mentally broke down (with tears) and proceeded to tell everyone he actually loved the groom."