A “good husband” needed to support his family, so his earning power was more important than than today, given the realities of two income modern households. Should women still look for the same type of man our mothers and grandmothers looked for?
Whether you’re in a relationship already or searching for the right person to say “I Do” with, knowing how to assess your partner’s potential as a possible spouse for a blissfully satisfying marriage, is critical. So, what are the updated standards for a “good husband” these days? Are they the same for everyone?
Research tells us that the following 6 characteristics are essential to creating a happy modern marriage that lasts:
1. Physical attraction.
2. Truly choosing the relationship (rather than saying "I do" out of obligation or fear of being alone).
3. Sharing fundamental values, beliefs, interests, and goals.
4. The ability to express anger clearly and directly (thus resolving differences through communication and compromise).
5. Experiencing laughter, fun, pleasure with each other.
6. Genuinely supporting each other's activities, interests, and careers.