Here in Sydney the weather has been crazy. One minute its so stinkin’ hot and the next it’s pouring down. Not only is it bloody hard to know what to wear in the morning but the unpredictable weather wreaks havoc on your makeup.
If you’re sick and tired of getting home to panda eyes and streaky cheeks thanks to another afternoon downpour, watch this video or some awesome tips on getting your makeup to last rain, hail or shine.
1. After washing your face, apply a good moisturiser. My favourite at the moment is Really Useful Face Cream by Go-to skincare. This will prepare your skin for the makeup and make sure your face doesn’t absorb it.
2. Next, find yourself a good oil controlling primer. This one is Clinique’s Superprimer Superbase, which will ensure your makeup won’t slide off with the heat. Primers make sure the skin is smooth before you apply your foundation and ensure it lasts a lot longer.
3. Choose a long wear foundation like Colourstay from Revlon and apply with a stippling brush all over your face and neck. Try to use dabbing motions to work the foundation into your skin rather than brushing it on. This will help it sink in better. Think about it as pushing the product into your skin rather than letting it sit on top. You can always build up coverage if you wish, but I really think applying your foundation like this helps it to stay on a lot longer.
4. Use a long wear creamy concealer like NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under the eyes and over any blemishes. Use your ring finger to blend the product in. This will help decrease the chance of any crepey lines.
5. Using a light translucent or skin tone powder, concentrate the product on your t-zone (forehead, nose and chin) to control any shine and lock that foundation in. Don’t go overboard, a light dusting is all you need.