This is, quite possibly, the healthiest birthday cake ever.
This may look like your typical cake, but do not be fooled by its creamy appearance, for it lies.
Can you guess what it’s made of? Here you go:
It's actually filled with... watermelon. Yes, watermelon. Say hello to the world's healthiest cake.
What about the icing, you ask? It's just plain old whipped cream. So if you're not a baker at heart, this is the ultimate cheat's cake. I wouldn't even call it baking as such - it's more like 'constructing'.
Warning: If you're thinking of serving this up at your kid's birthday party, you may want to run the idea by them first. Watching any child cut into their birthday cake only to realise there's fruit inside would probably not be a pretty sight. A full-blown meltdown would also be likely to follow.
Here's the recipe if you'd like to give it a go:
No Bake Watermelon Cake Recipe
- Whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- 1 large watermelon
- Cut the two sides off the watermelon and carefully cut away the outer skin.
- Pat the watermelon down with wipes to dry it.
- Frost it with whipped cream.
- Add almonds to the side.
- Decorate the top with fresh fruit of your choice, such as raspberries and blueberries.
SCROLL THROUGH our gallery to see photos of each step...