Let’s be honest, a lot of us spend a great deal of time and money trying to eliminate our body hair. Waxing, shaving, plucking and lasers are all used to rid ourselves of the unwanted fuzz. We might battle with our hair at times but today, we’re giving it a much-needed shout out. Hairs? You’re actually pretty damn impressive…
1. Hair is commonly used for DNA analysis and can tell a great deal of information about a person such as genetics, lifestyle, drug use and diet. The only thing that can’t be determined via DNA is gender as male and female hair is identical.
2. Hair can grow anywhere on the body except palms, soles of your feet, mucous menbrances, eyelids and lips.
3. Your hair is actually dead. (Post continues after gallery.)
4. Hair follicles are formed by the time a unborn baby is in their fifth month of gestation.
5. Blonde people have the most hair follicles.
6. Sex makes your hair grow faster.
7. Body hair has a lifespan of six months whereas the hair on your head has a lifespan of five years.
8. Body hair has muscle cells in it which enables it to stand on end.
9. The average person sheds about 100-150 hairs per day.