CONTENT WARNING: The details in this post might be distressing for some readers.
An American family’s Easter holiday has ended in tragedy when their five-year-old son died after his head got stuck between a wall and a table at rotating restaurant in the United States.
Charlie Holt was at the Sundial restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia, on Friday when at around 3.20 pm, he wandered just two metres away from his family and found himself stuck between a wall and a table fixed to the restaurant’s rotating floor, WBTV reports.
With his entire body stuck in a space approximately 13-centimetres wide, police say Holt’s head took the brunt of the pressure.
Within moments of becoming stuck, the restaurant’s rotating system automatically stopped and employees were able to dislodge the little boy and he was rushed to a nearby hospital with serious injuries.
“The kid was just wandering as kids will do,” Atlanta police spokesperson Warren Pickard, told WTSP following the incident. “Somehow he found himself in a critical situation where he’s lodged in between the rotating floor and the wall.”
Pickard continued, “We simply think he lost sight of his parents and panicked and found himself in that situation. A small child doesn’t know what to do in those moments, and it crushed his little small body.”