Su Taraskiewicz found a drawing of a coffin in her work locker. Days later, she was found dead.

Su Taraskiewicz had dreams of becoming a cartoonist. She was obsessed with the comic strip Peanuts and had been excited to meet the man behind it, Charles Schultz, in 1992.

While drawing and designing remained a passion, when Su graduated from high school in 1987, she began working for Northwest Airlines. She began cleaning cabins but within five years had worked her way up to ramp supervisor.

According to My Favourite Murder podcast, she was the first woman to hold this position at Logan International Airport, Boston.

On September 12, 1992, Su,  then 27, went to work the graveyard shift, clocking in using her keycard at 11pm. Two hours later, around 1am, she left the airport in her car to go pick up sandwiches for her crew.

She never returned. It was 36 hours before she was even reported missing because an unknown person used her keycard to clock her back into work after her supposed snack run and did the same thing again at the beginning of her shift the following day.

Eventually police were alerted about her disappearance and began searching for her. Two days later, they found her Toyota parked at an auto-shop in the next town. Her body – beaten, strangled and stabbed – was discovered in the boot.

Given the fact that her keycard had been used to delay her absence being reported to the police, suspicion immediately fell on her colleagues.

At the airport, Su worked in a male dominated environment and the position she held had got some back’s up, My Favourite Murder reported.

According to her personal diaries, uncovered by her mum, she had been a victim of an ongoing campaign of bullying and sexual harassment leading up to her death.

She had also reported incidents of sexual harassment to her boss, but it seemed no action had been taken.


Su had found demeaning graffiti about herself in the cargo of some of the jets and reported that another male colleague had deliberately broken her radio.

Chillingly, she had also found a drawing of a coffin inside her locker. It had her name on it.

“They wrote such filth about her in the middle of planes, all over. And then in her locker, they urinated in it. They drew a casket on it. It was just a constant thing,” Su’s mum Marlene told Boston News.

Further investigations revealed that Su’s murder could have been linked to a federal investigation of Northwest Airlines.

Baggage handlers were found to be operating a stolen credit card ring, stealing new cards that were being transported by Northwest planes and using them or selling them on.

The scam netted over US $7 million. Eventually, 10 Northwest employees were charged and convicted.

While investigators thought it was plausible Su had been killed after uncovering the thefts, they were unable to find solid evidence.

To this day, the murder of Su remains unsolved.

On the 25th anniversary of her daughter’s murder, in 2017, Marlene Taraskiewicz held a memorial gathering in Boston Park, as reported by NBC.

“I survived these years through hope, faith and the support of many of you here today,” she told a crowd gathered in Boston Park. “If we keep praying and hoping, I know we will get justice for Su.”

When Su was laid to rest, Marlene reached out to Charles Schulz. He drew a unique version of the cartoon Snoopy, which now adorns Su’s gravestone in Woodlawn Ceremony. It is a symbol of what she loved and what she might have been.