Having one of those days when you’re just feeling ‘Ugh’? Stop right there. Don’t waste one more minute on that. Do this instead.
Feeling fat can have nothing to do with your weight, and everything to do with how you’re feeling about yourself in ways completely other than your size. Take this author’s hilarious advice and shake off that negative nonsense. Time’s a wasting, people.
1. Remember that you’re a genius, hysterically funny and really popular.
2. Get super dressed up and spend an inordinate amount of time on your hair and makeup, just to go get groceries or perform other mundane tasks.
3. Name five genuine interests you hold, other than food and weight loss. Seriously, five. Are you having trouble? Think harder.
4. Remember Groove Is In The Heart? from the '90s? Spotify that right now and get down in your bedroom. Like, seriously, shake it.
5. Make a list of 10 things you want to do before you die, and indulge the most exciting one you can come up with. That may mean taking ONE action step towards achieving the goal of your choice (e.g. if you want to sing at the Opera House, start practicing your scales).
6. Masturbate. Regularly. (Or have sex, whichever is more likely.)
7. Wrap your body head-to-toe in something hyper-comfortable, like warm bath water, fresh sheets or maybe an old cashmere Juicy jumpsuit. Remember those?
8. Just for a moment, pretend that God is a fact. Does he give a shit about your weight? I mean, come on. What other gifts has the Universe bestowed upon you, lucky girl?
9. Google "fat activism". It's a thing.
10. Imagine someone in your life that loves you totally unconditionally. Is it a parent? A sibling? That nerdy boy who had a HUGE crush on you in 7th grade? Close your eyes and imagine looking at yourself through their eyes.
**Note: "Feeling" fat and "being" fat are two different things. Feeling fat can happen at any size and only refers to the feeling of insecurity or emotional discomfort that occurs when we're not OK with our own shape or size.
This post was originally published on Isabel's website and has been republished here with full permission. While you're there, you can also download a copy of her book "How to Not Eat Cake".
What's your fail-safe trick for making yourself feel good on a rubbish day?