I can’t believe we haven’t discussed So You Think You Can Dance. Because I haven’t been this fixated on a reality show – hell, ANY show – since the first series of Big Brother with Sara-Marie.
This show is gold and I live for it. It’s hard to say what’s my favourite part but I’ll try to keep it to a brief summary:
1. Matt’s hat. It’s so jaunty.
2. Everything about Jason. I am obsessed with him in a platonic way. I just want him to be on TV constantly, reading the news, the weather, doing breakfast, starring in Cashmere Mafia (that’s the only way I might actually watch that show….)
3. The dancers. I am bereft when they are eliminated. I can’t comprehend I will never again see Cassy and Marko and Camilla and Sermsah.
4. The dancing. It feels a bit like I’ve done exercise after watching them leap about for an hour.
5. The new words I now use in casual conversation. Like Chorry.
6. Natalie’s hair. I barely recognise her from show to show and that’s fun.
7. The costumes. I would very much like to own them so I could play dress ups in the privacy of my bedroom.
8. The dancers’ make-up. It never smudges even when they are sweaty. And I love that they all got their teeth bleached so their smiles are flourescent.