Over the weekend we witnessed a very fancy wedding of some very fancy people.
Steeped in tradition, the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (now officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex) featured some official wedding photos which were later released on Instagram.
While we’re still in the thick of royal wedding fever, we thought we’d take a look back at the official photos from some of the many royal weddings from the past.
Prepare yourself for this royal-themed nostalgia hit:
1. King George V and Queen Mary, 1893
King George V and Queen Mary married on July 6, 1893 at Chapel Royal, St. James’ Palace in London.
Members of the wedding party included Princess Alexandra of Edinburgh, Princess Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein, Princess Victoria of Edinburgh, the Duke of York, Princess Victoria of Wales, Princess Maud of Wales, Princess Alice of Battenberg, Princess Beatrice of Edinburgh, Princess Margaret of Connaught, the Duchess of York, Princess Victoria of Battenberg, and Princess Victoria Patricia of Connaugh.
2. King George VI and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, 1923
Prince Albert, Duke of York (later King George VI) and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) married at Westminster Abbey in London on April 26, 1923.
Their official wedding photo includes their parents, the Earl and Countess of Strathmore and Queen Mary and King George V of England.
3. Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor, 1937
Wallis Simpson and Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor married on June 3, 1937 at the Château de Candé in France, several months after Edward abdicated the British throne.
On the left is Herman Rogers, who gave the bride away, and on the right is major E.D. Metcalf, who acted as the Duke's best man in both ceremonies.
4. Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, 1947
A then-Princess Elizabeth and Prince Phillip Mountbatten married at Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947.
Guests included Queen Mary (third from left), Princess Margaret (beside Prince Philip), King George VI (third from right, front row) and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother (1900 - 2002), next to him.
6. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco, 1956
Prince Rainier of Monaco married American Hollywood actress Grace Kelly on April 19, 1956 in Monaco.
Kelly wore a gown by MGM costumer Helen Rose, who had dressed her for her films High Society and The Swan.
7. Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1960
Princess Margaret married photographer Antony Armstrong-Jones at Westminsiter Abbey on May 6, 1960.
8. Princess Anne Marie of Denmark and King Constantine II of Greece, 1964
Princess Anne Marie of Denmark and King Constantine II of Greece were married on September 18, 1964 in the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Annunciation in Athens.
9. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus von Amsberg, 1966
Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus von Amsberg were married on March 10, 1966 in a civil ceremony at the City Hall in Amsterdam.
10. Princess Caroline of Monaco and Phillipe Junot, 1978
The eldest daughter of Princess Grace, Princess Caroline of Monaco married Phillipe Junot in Monaco on June 29, 1978.
11. Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips, 1973
An estimated 500 million people watched the televised wedding of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips at Westminster Cathedral on November 14, 1973.
12. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Silvia Sommerlath, 1976
King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden married 'commoner' Silvia Sommerlath in Stockholm, Sweden on June 19, 1976.
13. Princess Diana and Prince Charles of Wales, 1981
Princess Diana and Prince Charles of Wales were married on July 29, 1981 at St Paul's Cathedral in London.
14. Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, 1986
Prince Andrew and Sarah 'Fergie' Ferguson were married at London's Westminster Abbey on July 23, 1986.
15. Prince Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan, 1993
Prince Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan were married on June 10, 1993 just five months after they met.
16. Princess Marie-Chantel and Prince Pavlos of Greece, 1995
The wedding of Princess Marie-Chantel and Prince Pavlos of Greece took place on July 1, 1995 at St Sophia's Cathedral in London.
17. Princess Mette-Marit and Prince Haakon of Norway, 2001
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway married Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby on August 25, 2001 at the Oslo Cathedral in Oslo, Norway.
18. Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, 2004
Prince Frederik married Australia's Mary Donaldson at Copenhagen Cathedral, Denmark on May 14, 2004 after meeting at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
19. The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles, 2005
Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles were married in a civil ceremony at Windsor Guildhall on April 9, 2005.
20. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling, 2010
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden married Daniel Westling at Stockholm Cathedral in Sweden on June 19, 2010.
21. Duke of Cambridge Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton, 2011
The wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton took place on April 29, 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London.
22. Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall, 2011
The Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips married England rugby player Mike Tindall on July 30, 2011 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
23. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia of Sweden, 2015
Former reality TV star Sofia Hellqvist married Prince Carl Philip at Slottskyrkan, Stockholm on June 13, 2015.
24. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 2018
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle married at St George's Chapel on Saturday 19 May, 2018. They are now officially the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.