The husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon has been charged with her murder.
John Chardon, 68, was arrested this morning and taken into the Brisbane watch house, where he was officially charged.
The matter was heard briefly in the Brisbane Magistrates Court.
It was adjourned until this afternoon.
Ms Chardon, whose body has never been found, was last seen on security footage paying for fuel at a Coomera service station the night she vanished on February 6, 2013.
The car of the 34-year-old mother of two was found near a train station in a nearby suburb five days later.
Two days after she disappeared, Chardon travelled to Indonesia with their children for a business trip.
When he returned almost two weeks later, he was interviewed by police for several hours but released without charge.
A $250,000 reward was offered in March 2014 in an attempt to find new leads on the case.
There has been several searches for the body of Ms Chardon, who is originally from Indonesia.
A Mt Nathan property, on the Gold Coast, was excavated in 2014 where they found parts of a white ute, a model seen near Ms Chardon’s abandoned car.
In January, a 3.6 hectare property in Advancetown was then searched by 50 SES volunteers, including a home and dam, for Ms Chardon’s remains.
Timeline of Novy Chardon’s disappearance:
- February 6, 2013: Disappears, last seen at a Coomera service station
- February 8: Husband John Chardon goes to Indonesia with their children for a business trip
- February 10: Missing person alert issued
- February 11: Her car found near Nerang train station
- February 13: Bushland close to her Upper Coomera home searched
- February 20: Police search Mr Chardon’s business
- February 25: Mr Chardon flies back from Indonesia and is interviewed by police for several hours
- March 4, 2014: Police start digging up Mt Nathan backyard
- March 6: Police find parts of a white ute, a model seen near Ms Chardon’s abandoned car
- March 13: $250,000 reward offered to help find those responsible for suspected murder
- January 28, 2015: Police search Gold Coast hinterland property for Ms Chardon’s remains but no items of interest found
- June 17, 2016: Chardon arrested over the alleged murder and is due to face court
This post originally appeared on ABC.
© 2016 Australian Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. Read the ABC Disclaimer here.