Success is getting harder to achieve.
So we’ve had to re-evaluate the definition of success. Promotion at work? Pfft. That’s nothing. Upgraded your car? Whatever, who cares.
The real challenge is eating an avocado at it’s perfect ripeness. Now THAT is success.
If you need to pat yourself on the back for something, here it is. Twelve modern-day definitions of success. They are still hard to obtain, but far, far more important than buying a fancy house. OKAY?
12 New Definitions of Success.
1. When you time the perfect amount of episodes on Netflix, right up until the exact moment you have to leave the house.
Because pressing pause in the middle of an episode is bad for the soul.
2. Eating an avocado at the exact right time, without having to mash up the hard unripe bits, or scrape off the brown bits.
It’s rare. It’s beautiful. It’s almost impossible to get right.
3. When you get to the train station and walk right on to the train. No waiting.
Even more surprising, if your Myki/Opal/Go-Card is topped up.
4. Actually having cash handy in a situation when you need cash.
Is cash even a thing anymore? Sigh. Where’s the ATM?
5. Paying a bill the day you get it.