Women, we’ve come too far, achieved too much and pushed men so far they are now finding it hard to get a thing done at work.
To the rescue are two young Aussie tech guys who have found six investors for their company Nomadic Thinkers, which will focus on creating a perfect male work environment devoid of women and complete with a cafe, a gym and eventually a barber and a physio. The Brisbane entrepreneurs told Junkee they thought of the idea as an “innovative way to address male related social issues”.
Men need suffer no more.
Matthew Mercer and Samuel Monaghan are the “brainstrust” behind the idea.
Mamamia Confessions: Sometimes I wish I was a man when…
By creating Australia’s first co-working space exclusive to men they feel they will be solving problems most men didn’t even know they had:
In their male-only environments, men will:
- Get more work done than they would in coffee shops or at home;
- Be happier and less prone to depression;
- Are less likely to be violent to their partners;
- Be able to be more vulnerable because they can’t do that with girls around;
- Drink less due to increased happiness, less depression, less domestic violence and increased vulnerability;
- Will find a new identity to replace their former hunter-gather identity that they no longer have.
Samuel Monaghan, co-founder of Nomadic Thinkers which plans to begin operations in January 2017 in Brisbane, says it was their own work experiences that led them to come up with the idea, as well as the experience of one of their mates who “ended up in a violent situation with his wife” in which he “pushed his wife over”.
“Depression and suicide result from a lack of social support and community. Having a space where they [men] can be men is more of a preventative measure,” Monaghan said. “Healthy, happy men don’t hit their wives.”
It's difficult to know where to begin to refute this. There's just too much to say. Firstly it's offensive to refer to a horrific incident of domestic violence as ending up "in a violent situation", like he holds less responsibility over pushing his wife over. It's also completely flawed reasoning to conclude that domestic violence results from depression.