I never saw myself becoming Mamamia’s Love Island correspondent, but as Oprah says, everything happens for a reason and the universe has a plan for me.
I’m not one to ask questions. I am one to call out d*ckheads who gaslight perfectly lovely women on national television, however.
The d*ckhead in question is Grant. This guy:
So, for those who cherish their brain cells and dignity and therefore don't watch the reality TV dramafest, here's what you've missed in five dot points.
- Grant coupled up with Cassidy (the blonde one) in the first episode.
- They have been attached to each other's faces ever since.
- Oh - OH - they also "fooled around" one night. I won't pretend to know what that means but let's say... second base. At least. Look, they've "done stuff". Analyse that however you wish. I don't even know what 'second base' really means.
- Grant constantly tells Cassidy he's madly, wildly into her at regular intervals.
- EXCEPT in the moments that Grant has been secretly hitting on another Islander, Tayla (the brunette one).
Ahem. And here we are.
In Tuesday night's episode - episode three - it became apparent that not only is Grant a royal douchecanoe, he's a serial gaslighter who belongs in a Spanish toilet.
In one day, he made two women cry. And that's just not a women-to-tears ratio I can stand by.
When with Tayla, Grant said: 'I wish I could just jump into bed with you... If I wanted to sleep with you, would we need to sleep out here?'
Other notable comments included, but were not limited to "I want to kiss you so bad" and "you look so hot".
You know, just platonic friends stuff.
Seeing Grant continually walk off with another woman and stare longingly into her eyes obviously made poor mate Cassidy feel rather crap.