Bikinis are great, but they’re not for everyone.
Sometimes they’re impractical (hello, water sports). Other times they don’t exactly offer maximum sun protection. And for some people like Mamamia’s Head of Content Holly Wainwright, they’ve just never been a go-to option.
“Okay, so where do I get a cozzie as awesome as M’s cheapo Target number? Now I’m old, I want sleeves on everything, please…,” she recently posted on Instagram.
The good news? You don’t have to squeeze yourself into children’s bathers. We’ve rounded up the 10 best long sleeved one pieces that are ocean activity proof, sun safe, offer that little bit extra coverage some of us prefer and look stylish too.
1. Curvy Swimwear Graphic Floral Zip Front Long Sleeve One Piece Swimwear, $121
Just add a tropical island and a surfboard. This fun printed one piece is available up to a size 22.
2. Une Piece Original Sexie Rashie Wategos Blue, $195.
It's simple but sexy and is available in a whole range of colours including black, red, navy and white. A modern summer staple.
3. Duskii Saint Tropez long sleeve boy leg spring suit in scarlet red, $195.
Anyone else getting major (grown up) Baywatch vibes?
4. Cotton On Beach Long Sleeve One Piece Full, $59.95.
Run down to your local Cotton On for this one - any bets it will be flying off the shelves.
5. Roxy Essentials Printed Long Sleeve Onesie, $89.99.
A monochrome option that's far from boring.
6. RipCurl G-Bomb Long Sleeve UV Surfsuit Rash Vest, $99.99.
Practical and pretty, it's just as perfect for lying on the beach with a good book as it is tackling the waves.
7. SunSoaked EMMA long sleeve one piece in Sotto la Palma, $249.
A printed floral swimsuit that's far, far from daggy.
8. Duskii Waimea Bay LS Bikini Sui, $295.
For anyone who's always fancied themself as a killer Bond girl/villain.
9. The Aqua Brand Long Sleeve Navy Nautical Rashguard, $179.
Got a swimsuit you already love? Just pop this super chic rashie over the top and you're good to go.
10. Babes in Shade Ladies Candy Stripe Rashie, $69.
Nope, the kids don't have to have all the fun and colour when it comes to swimwear thanks to this candy inspired top.
Got another recommendation? Let us know below!