Kylie Minogue has broken her silence on her recent split from fiance Joshua Sasse, admitting that a “happy ever after” may not be her “destiny”.
The Australian pop icon said she was an optimistic person and was looking forward to the future following the breakdown of her relationship with the 29-year-old English actor.
“It wasn’t meant to be and so I look forward to moving on, richer for the experience,” Minogue told the Sunday Herald Sun.
Listen: Mamamia’s new podcast is your new source of thoughtful advice from love guru Osher Günsberg.
However, the shock split seems to have shaken the 48-year-old’s confidence in finding a life partner.
“Well, I try to see the glass as half full… If the glass is half full, then yes,” she told interviewer Fiona Byrne.
“I haven’t had the white picket fence and happy ever after in my life, so far, but perhaps that’s just not my destiny. I know love and I love to be in love.”
Minogue announced she and Sasse had broken off their year-long engagement with a symbolism-heavy post to Instagram earlier this month.
"Thank you now for your love and understanding with the news that Josh and I have decided to go our separate ways," she wrote next to an image of a sunrise.
"We wish only the best for each other as we venture towards new horizons."
#lovers ... Thank you for all your love and support throughout this recent chapter of my life. Thank you now for your love and understanding with the news that Josh and I have decided to go our separate ways. We wish only the best for each other as we venture towards new horizons. #thesunalwaysrises