The model and fashion designer insists she’s ‘not in fear’ of her fiance, but the AVO will stand until May.
Today a Sydney court heard the details of the AVO police have taken out on behalf of Jodhi Meares against her partner, Jon Stevens.
The AVO will continue until May, when the court will hear the domestic assault charges laid against Stevens.
Meares’ lawyer, Chris Murphy, released a statement on Twitter saying his client is “totally without fear” of further violence from Stevens.
News Release: re Jodhi Meares pic.twitter.com/1IuWeB3jYQ
— chris murphy (@chrismurphys) February 11, 2015
Neither Meares nor Stevens appeared at the Waverley Court hearing today. According to the court documents, Stevens assaulted Meares between 2am and 5.15am on Monday morning.
Mamamia previously reported…
Noiseworks frontman Jon Stevens has been charged with assault following an incident on Monday night at the home of his fiancee Jodhi Meares Police are applying for an interim AVO against Stevens, 52, to protect Meares, 42, a former model and fashion designer. Police were called to the couple’s Point Piper home on Monday evening following reports of a domestic argument a police statement said.
Stevens was taken to Waverley Police Station where he was charged. He was released on bail that night, and will appear in Waverley Court on the 12th of February. Channel 9 reported that Meares found a string of text messages on Stevens’ phone that caused the disturbance. “The matter is under police investigation so we can’t say any more at this stage,” police said. The incident comes a week after Stevens took to Facebook to congratulate his fiancé following the launch of her new label theupside at the David Jones Autumn Winter launch.
A photo posted by jodhimeares (@jodhimeares) on
In August last year Meares had her licence suspended for 12 months, following an incident in Sydney’s Bellevue Hill where she ran into three parked cars.