Summer is nigh and that can only mean one thing. Sweaty upper lips.
And under eye bags. And forehead. And chin.
On your commute? Sweaty face. Walking to the shops? Sweaty face. Stepped out of a cold shower? SWEATY FACE ARGHHHHHH.
Mamamia’s executive editor and beauty editor of 15 years Leigh Campbell very helpfully presented a few solutions to that question when it was asked of her on this week’s You Beauty podcast (get it in your ears below).
Those ideas included:
- “If you have a relatively progressive workplace, I would sometimes do my face when I get to work.”
- “Wear your hair up in a loose bun on your commute to keep your neck cool.”
- “A mattifying primer does really make a difference, there are some that are quite grippy that have lots of silicone in them that will stick your makeup to your face.”
- “At the end of your routine, spray a setting spray all over your face.”
- “Use more long-wear, mattifying foundation formulas, and waterproof mascara or tubular mascara because they won’t smudge in the way traditional mascaras will.”
- “Embrace your dewiness.” (Gee, cheers Leigh.)
BUT wait for it, because Leigh saved the most ingenious option right until the end of the segment.
“Oh, and if you get a sweaty, dewy top lip, a great trick is to swipe a little bit of antiperspirant deodorant on your top lip,” she said.
Indeed, Leigh's (literally) hot tip is to apply a bit of your roll-on on your upper lip before applying makeup to avoid alerting the sweaty upper lip police.
You'd only want to do this with a regular strength antiperspirant, not your clinical strength.
You can also try the $12 face product that came highly recommended by SO MANY PEOPLE in Mamamia's private beauty Facebook group You Beauty.