As someone who went through her own sexual awakening at the age of 32 and subsequently realised she’d been having bad sex for more than a decade I can’t tell you to do any one thing to make your sex life better.
There’s no magic pill to fix it. Unsatisfying sex lives happen for multiple reasons:
1. You're incompatible with your partner. This can be sexually, emotionally, mentally, physically, you name it.
2. You lack confidence in yourself.
3. You think sex is perfunctory and not fun.
4. Your partner is lacking something.
5. The mind is willing, but your body won't cooperate.
There's no one reason for a bad sex life, and there's no one-size-fits-all solution, either. Medical issues should be addressed with your doctor. Disliking your partner is a topic for another day. If the issues stem from confidence, communication, or the way you think about sex, there are some things you can do to have a better, more satisfying sex life.
1. Get honest with yourself.
Now is the time to figure out why sex hasn't been great. Are you faking your orgasms? Is there something you don't enjoy but think you should? Hell, is there something you really like but think you're not allowed to enjoy? (For the record, this can be anything from masturbation to hardcore kink and everything in between.) You're going to have to do some soul-searching and get real about where you believe the problem lies.