If you were a kid who went to primary school in Australia, you understand the absolute and total euphoria that comes with seeing the Happy Healthy Harold van. When that thing pulls into the playground, you know it’s going to be the best day of the week. Possibly year. Nothing makes you feel like it’s not a regular school day quite like getting into the back of a dark van with a giraffe puppet.
Here are the 50 thoughts that go through every kid’s mind on Happy Healthy Harold Day:
1. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THE VAN IS HERE! HE’S HEEEEERRREEEE!
2. Oh. Now we have to wait all day until every other class goes.
3. I wonder what my mum packed for lunch?
4. I hope it’s Dunkeroos.
5. I bet it’s Le Snack though.
6. Ugh. Le Snack.
7. I hope our turn is during long division and not during reading time. I’m up to a really good part in my Goosebumps. I can’t believe Amy still reads Babysitter’s Club. What a loser.
8. ARRGGGHHH it’s our turn!
9. 45 whole minutes out of class! BEST DAY EVER. Like an excursion but at school YEEESSSSSS.
10. Okay. This time, I am DEFINITELY going to catch the Healthy Harold person controlling Harold like a puppet. As IF we don’t know it’s a puppet, duh.
11. We’re going in…
12. I think this is the best day of my life.
13. It’s so dark in here.
14. Please, please, PLEASE let me get picked for something. I want to be the one who switches the stars on.
15. If I sit here, really straight, and put my hand up higher than anyone else, she’ll have to pick me for something.
16. I’ve never wanted anything more than I’ve wanted to be picked for something in the next 45 minutes.
17. The lady is talking about health stuff.
18. Yeah – I get it, I’ve seen the food pyramid 100 times. Bring out Harold.
19. Oh my god. She’s asking someone to point out their lunch on the food pyramid. If I don’t get picked I’ll die! PICK ME! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
20. I can’t believe she picked Amy.
21. Okay when is that top half of the body coming out where you can see the body parts? There’s so many chances to get picked in that one.
22. There it is. Ewwwwwww.