Gable Tostee emerges in bizarre social media post under his new name, weeks after his acquittal.

Video via Channel 10

Weeks after being found not guilty for the 2013 death of his Tinder date Warriena Wright, Gable Tostee has appeared in a bizarre social media post for a local Gold Coast cafe.

Southport cafe Gangster and Gatsby shared the picture of Tostee, who changed his name halfway through the courtcase to Eric Thomas, on their Facebook page for downing an enormous milkshake in record time.

Dubbed ‘The Godfather’, the drink is reportedly half a metre tall and contains five litres of ice cream, half a litre of milk and as much as a litre and a half of whipped cream.

“THE GODFATHER HAS BEEN DEFEATED!! Eric Thomas (pictured) is the first person ever to emerge victorious in the Godfather Challenge! Having defeated the Godfather Gangster Shake in a mind blowing 13.28 minutes,” the caption read.

“Eric receives his money back plus $50, a T-Shirt and advances to the Grand Final to complete for $1000 worth of travel! Congratulations Eric!!”

The monster milkshake costs $49.95.

Advertisement

Cafe owner Sue Armstrong told the Gold Coast Bulletin that neither she, her daughter nor any customers recognised Thomas as Gable Tostee, who two weeks ago was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter of Wright after she fell from his balcony in 2013.

“I don’t really follow the news — I’m in a bubble. My daughter texted me and said we’ve got someone who finished the shake, so I wandered in and went up to him,” she said.

gable tostee girlfriend

Warriena Wright and Gable Tostee. 

"I asked him how he was feeling — he was looking a little bit sick.He just said he needed a nap. He was quite fine. I think he was in a food coma."

According to Armstrong, customers usually give up after 20 minutes but Tostee "literally smashed it down: in just over 13 minutes.

"He had the Jesse James flavour. It’s choc malt flavour decorated with real Maltesers, choc teddies, choc wafers and choc sauce. All kinds of things," she said.

This comes as The Daily Telegraph reports that Tostee will receive a six-figure sum from Channel 9's 60 Minutes current affairs show for a tell-all interview about what happened on the night Wright died.

The newspaper reports the 30-year-old carpet layer had been at the centre of a bidding war between 60 Minutes and Channel Seven's Sunday Night.

Filming is reportedly already underway for the episode which will air November 13th.

Following the not guilty verdict last month, Tostee's lawyer Nick Dore told the media his client was looking forward.

"He is looking forward to moving on with his life. He thanks the people who have supported him through this and realised how tragic this has been for many people," he said.

"At this stage he is looking forward to putting it behind him and considering his future from here."

Image: Facebook

FROM OUR NETWORK
JOIN THE CONVERSATION