kids

Five-year-old Theodore has died after choking on his lunch at school.

Theodore Silvester was rushed to hospital after he passed out from choking on a sausage roll during his lunch break last week.

The five-year-old later died in hospital.

Police have released the first image of the Anlaby Primary School student, saying his death is “not being treated as suspicious”.

“The family are being supported by specially trained Family Liaison Officers. They have asked media and the wider public to let them and the people who knew Theodore to come to terms with what has happened and grieve in peace,” a Humberside Police spokesperson said in a statement.

Theodore Silvester
Image via Facebook.

It is believed staff ushered other pupils out of the busy lunch hall as the paramedics desperately tried to save Theodore's life.

"The whole school community is deeply saddened by this tragic event and the thoughts of everyone connected with the school are with the child’s family," the primary school's head teacher, Gareth May, told The Sun.

Shocked members of the community have begun to share their condolences for Theo's family on social media.

"Shine bright up there beautiful boy thoughts are with his family (sic)," wrote one woman.

"Heartbreaking. A parents worst nightmare (sic)," wrote another.

A post mortem is yet to be carried out.

00:00 / ???