Megan Rixson isn’t an eyelash extension novice.
From the images on her Twitter account, getting a full set of lash extensions is a part of the 20-year-old’s beauty routine. So when the UK student decided to book her eyelash extension appointment at a new (to her) salon instead of her regular place earlier this month, she wasn’t worried.
Unfortunately, she should have been.
Within seconds of having the first of hundreds of single synthetic lashes applied to her lash line, Rixson said her eye began to sting.
“Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!! I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for 2 hours,” she captioned a video of herself post-treatment on Twitter.
“Thankfully the swelling has gone down, but there [sic] still very sore. Be careful.”
Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!!I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for 2 hours. Thankfully the swelling has gone down, but there still very sore. Be careful???? pic.twitter.com/NmsFr9QSbk
— Megan Rixson (@MeganRixson) October 19, 2018
The video footage shows Rixson’s eyes with obvious lash extensions, swollen and watery. We can only imagine what her eyes looked like when she visited a walk-in medical clinic two hours after the initial treatment.
“When she was doing the first one my eyes were stinging lots. But she said, don’t worry, it’s normal, and told me to hold my eye open,” Rixson told Buzzfeed News last week.
“It was burning so much my eyes were naturally closing, but she kept telling me to hold them open. After she was done, I sat up on the bed and couldn’t open them. I said, this isn’t normal, but she kept saying it was.”
Thankfully, she said her vision is returning to normal, but both eyes are “still very sensitive”.