Who knew getting your eyeball tattooed could go wrong?
One woman has found out the hard way, when, as a result of the procedure that sees people have ink injected into their eye she ended up with a painful, swollen, eye that leaked purple liquid.
Canadain model Catt Gallinger has (hopefully only temporarily) lost her sight in that eye as a result of the cosmetic procedure, called a sclera tattoo, which is designed to dye the whites in people’s eyes.
Unsurprisingly, she’s described undergoing the procedure as a “massive mistake”, posting a warning to others along with horrific photos on Facebook.
"I am NOT sharing this with you to cause trouble, I am sharing this to warn you to research who you get your procedures by as well as how the procedure should be properly done," she wrote.
"As it stands I will have to see a specialist and am at risk of being blind if it doesn't get corrected."
Gallinger said her complications were a result of her tattooist's poor technique and not anything she had done afterwards, urging others to "be cautious" and chose the person performing a procedure on you very carefully.
"I don't want this to happen to anyone else."