Model, presenter, performer, actress: Erika Heynatz has done it all. But the one cherished role she’s added to her list recently is “mother” to her little boy Charlie.
Erika spoke to us about her daily routine, and what she does from the moment she wakes to when her head hits the pillow at night.
The Morning Routine.
“I wake up at 6:30am and pull my baby boy into bed for 15 minutes of kisses, cuddles and deep conversation while we stick fingers in each other’s noses, eyes and mouth. It’s a pretty fun way to start the day. “
“I take a hot water and lemon juice into the bathroom to sip slowly while I do my makeup. It’s a 12-minute routine. I do my vocal warm-up, which doubles as fantastic entertainment for my babe while he sits in the chair.
“A fast and furious hairbrush and a slick ponytail is my go-to style. It’s amazing how it can give you a face-lift when your eyes are hanging out of your head. Then I use foaming cleanser, Elizabeth Arden Pro moisturiser ($130) and sunscreen ($99). Giorgio Armani Foundation ($92), heavy duty IT Cosmetics concealer ($37), lashings of mascara, cream blush and waterproof Makeup Forever eyeliner ($35) smudged out also help.
Watch: 14 things successful people do every day. Apparently. (Post continues after video.)
– “Throat Coat organic tea bags, Manuka honey and a thermos during winter to soothe and protect the pipes
– Quest protein bars for a high protein and low sugar energy hit
– Hand wipes because I’m always in theatres, on public transport or in hotels, so I’ve become a little more conscious of having super clean hands
– Highlighter pen, pens and sticky notes – essentials for a list queen
– Carmex lip balm ($6.49) so that I’m always ready to administer lifesaving kisses
– Medela breast pump so I can be a buffet on-the-run for my son
– YSL Touché Eclat ($63) for the under-eye luggage
– Snap-lock bag of nuts and fruit
– Panadol for any headaches
– Kiehl’s hand crème ($25) for the parched gnarly hands.”