Woman finds husband who was lost in cyclone.

A 68-year-old man whose wife was frantic after losing contact with him during Cyclone Debbie yesterday has this morning reportedly been found safe.

Jenny Clarke launched a desperate plea to help find her husband David Clarke yesterday morning, after she lost contact with him when he phoned to tell her the roof had been lifted off their home.

She said he was “totally alone” in their new house in Proserpine “with the house breaking up around him“. Jenny was in hospital in Townsville throughout the ordeal.

Emergency services reportedly could not access the property on Tuesday because conditions were too dangerous. However, they called Jenny this morning to say they’d found her husband trapped but safe inside the house.

cyclone debbie missing husband
Jenny and David Clarke. Image via Twitter.

Jenny was particularly concerned because David takes medication for chronic obstructive airways disease.

Her worry was heightened because of the ominous last words she heard from her 68-year-old husband on the phone on Tuesday.

"He said something like 'I'm not going to win this one'," Jenny told The Courier Mail.

Jenny reached out to community groups on social media for help finding her husband, something made all the more difficult because roads are still closed and communities are still in lockdown.

"I am feeling desperate," she wrote in one Facebook post. "I am consumed with worry and guilt about not being there."

She said she was almost "passed the point of worrying about whether he's injured."

"If he had been he would be dead by now," she said.

david clarke missing
Jenny hasn't heard from her 68-year-old husband since 10am yesterday. Image via Facebook.

Jenny was planning to hire a car to drive to her "near new" home in Proserpine - which was not in the Cyclone's evacuation zone - to search for David, but didn't know if she would even make it due to road closures.

Community members responded to Jenny's desperate plea for help, telling her they would be able to check on David and her home when the storm subsided.

Tropical #CycloneDebbie barrels down on northeast Australia, leaves more than 50,000 homes without power

The full force of Cyclone Debbie - and the damage she caused - is not expected to be known until Wednesday morning.

Winds of more than 260km/hour have battered buildings and Queensland's coastline for more than 24 hours, with residents told to "bunker down", as 50,000 homes lost power.