What happened during Conor McGregor’s violent rampage was “the most disgusting thing” in UFC history.

Video via Spectrum News 1

On Thursday, footage was splashed across social media of one of the most recognised athletes in the world violently out of control.

Now, UFC star Conor McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief over the incident at the media event.

“He’s been charged with assault, three counts of assault, and one count of criminal mischief,” said Thomas Antonetti of the New York police department.

Ahead of Saturday’s fight card at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn, New York, videos show the Irishman and his entourage “storming the building” through a side entrance, attacking a bus that held other mixed martial arts fighters.

The rampage documented across social media displayed multiple objects being thrown at the van with his alleged partner in crime, Cian Cowley, injuring a number of people from the glass fragments as the windows were struck and smashed.

Advertisement

Fellow fighter Michael Chiesa had to be hospitalised to treat his cuts.

Say what????????? #Fight

A post shared by Joanna Jedrzejczyk (@joannajedrzejczyk) on

The 29-year-old, who famously became the first UFC fighter to hold two world titles simultaneously when he beat Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight belt in 2016 in Manhattan, turned himself in to police on Thursday evening after the violent incident.

He then spent the night in custody before appearing in court, posting bail at $65,000.

McGregor, who previously told Reuters he made an eye-watering $US140 million ($AUD196 million) from last August’s boxing match with Floyd Mayweather, has not fought in the Octagon since the win over Alvarez.

LISTEN: “Cricket has become a reflection of Australian values and for that to be undone…”

UFC president Dana White said the bus attack was “the most disgusting thing that ever happened in the history” of the UFC.

McGregor and Cowley left the court without saying a word, and must return to court again on June 14.

McGregor could face up to seven years if found guilty.

With AAP.

Video via Spectrum news 1

JOIN THE CONVERSATION
FROM OUR NETWORK