news

Queensland man charged with rape of two young girls at daycare centre.

A 56-year-old Queensland man charged with the rape of an 11-year-old girl and the attempted rape of her four-year-old sister has been granted bail.

Allegedly attacking the girls while they were being cared for at his wife’s home-run daycare centre, the man is said to have told them both, “don’t tell anyone”.

The attacks occurred between July 2015 and April 2016, where he told both girls, “don’t tell anyone” what was occurring”, the court heard.

The attacks occurred between July 2015 and April 2016 at a daycare centre run by the man's wife. Source: iStock. 

The court heard the man allegedly raped the 11-year-old girl on a couch within the daycare centre house, and also showed her pornographic material on another occasion.

He also allegedly coached the four-year-old girl to perform a sexual act on him, which the 11-year-old girl witnessed.

ADVERTISEMENT

While the Logan man has denied the crimes, he has been charged with nine counts relating to child molestation and rape.

His wife has since closed the daycare centre.

The attacks occurred between July 2015 and April 2016 at a daycare centre run by the man's wife. Source: iStock. 

Details of the case and the charges against the man were released after he was granted bail by Court Justice John Bond.

According to The Courier Mail, the man had a "blue card", which allowed him to work with children, but was not a "licensed worker in the business".

The court also heard that the man had been well trusted by families using the daycare facility.

He is due to appear at Beenleigh Magistrates Court again on June 30.

Tags: children , current-affairs
00:00 / ???