1. 13-year-old Brisbane boy dies after taking part in choking game.
A 13-year-old Brisbane boy has accidentally choked himself to death as part of a dangerous “game” spread online.
The Catholic school student was taking part in what is called the ‘good boys game’ in which participants choke themselves until they are unconscious, the Courier Mail reports.
The boy’s parents have urged others to educate their children about the dangers of the game and prevent another tragic accident.
“His parents … wish this information be made public in order to alert other families of the dangers of this online influence,” the school principal wrote in a message to the school community.
His school has not been revealed, nor the boy’s name.
The game has reportedly been spread and made popular online, and has claimed the lives of at least two boys aged 12 and 14 in the UK in the past two years.
2. 3.9 magnitude earthquake shakes NSW town.
Appin residents were shaken after a 3.9 magnitude earthquake rocked their small NSW in the early hours on Wednesday morning.
The earthquake struck about 1.15am and could be felt as far as 35km away in Wollongong, AAP reports.
About 100 residents said they felt the quake, while no damage has been reported.
Appin has a history of earthquakes, with an average of one tremor every one to two years over the past decade.
3. Four Texas siblings killed by poisonous gas.
Four children have been killed by poisonous gas, while six of their relative remain in hospital after someone tried to wash away a pesticide sprayed under their Texas home.
Phosphine gas was likely emitted when water was mixed with the pest control chemical used to kill mice, according to fire officials from the town of Amarillo.
Yasmeen Balderas, 17 and her three brothers Felipe Balderas, seven; Johnnie Balderas, nine; Josue Balderas, 11 all died due to the incident, news channel WJLA reported.
One child died at the scene and three others died at a hospital.
Meanwhile, their mother is in a serious condition and their father and four other children in the home are in stable conditions in intensive care.
Emergency services responded after a visitor arrived to find everyone sick and called 911 at 5am Monday local time.
Local newspaper, The Amarillo Globe-News, reports that emergency crews were not sure how long the household was exposed to the deadly gas before the visitor arrived.
4. Man in hospital after coward punch attack on Gold Coast.
A young man has been left with serious head injuries after a coward punch attack at the Gold Coast around 2am Wednesday morning.