Sharing her sister’s errr… unconventional bridal party selection tactic the now deleted Reddit-user said her sister has opted for her friends to “battle it out” to see who actually deserves to accompany her down the aisle on the big day.
“My sister is getting engaged and is having her potential bridal party battle it out so she has one less thing to worry about before the engagement,” she wrote on Reddit, sharing a picture of the incriminating text.
“Congrats! You’ve made it into the final round of the Bridal Party Brawl!” began the bride’s text.
“Currently there are seven players left and only four spots available.”
The message continued to list which positions were occupied and those that were still up for grabs and laid out the terms of the 'brawl'.
- A promise to host a party (must be couples) at a venue other than someone's house.
- Your wedding gift must be cash / cheque of at least $500.
- You must buy me or [husband's name] (depending on which side you're on) a "day of" gift of at least $100.
- You must attend every shower/ party we have and will be required to purchase a gift for each one (with a value of at least $50).
- You will sign a contract that holds you legally responsible for meeting all of our requirements and says that if you don't you will be legally held to reimbursing us for the time we wasted and the stress of causing problems.