As a woman, being ‘big’ has always been seen as a negative. We have been conditioned to always seek to be less ‘big’ – to be thinner, quieter, more passive – to take up less space.
A big personality is something to embrace – the world has enough beige people. A big personality is full colour.
So how do you know if you have big personality?
1. You have no filter. You know this because people say “you have no filter”. You say things people often only think. You’re outrageous but you get away with it every time. Well, mostly. You can turn people into gasping goldfish in seconds. Admit it, you love it.
2. You have a massive handbag. Big Personalities carry lots of stuff – they’re always spilling out everywhere. A big personality needs a big personality handbag.
Which bag suits my big personality today? Via GIPHY
3. When you enter a room people stop talking. They offer you a chair. They say things like “Thank god you’re here, this party was looking boring!”
How I enter every room, actually. via GIPHY
4. You laugh loud. Really loud. And a lot. At a comedy show you’re the one at the front who is really losing it. Your laugh makes other people laugh.
Remember that time you watched Bad Moms on the plane and you laughed so much you shot tea out your nose onto the guy sitting next to you? Most people don’t do that. But you’re not most people.
5. At a karaoke night you don’t care that you can’t sing. You’ll back up your mates with a bit of dancing. Who needs training? Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’ is made so much better with an improvised Irish jig.
You let other people laugh at you at your expense. It doesn’t worry you because your self esteem is rock solid – you know who you are and you don’t need approval from anyone.