A Queensland toddler who went missing ten years ago was likely murdered, police say.
Baden Bond was last seen at his family’s Wagawn St home in Woodbridge, south of Brisbane, on March 27, 2007.
Detective Inspector Damien Hansen said on Wednesday police had been unable to “find any evidence of Baden existing” after that date and have launched a fresh appeal for information.
“We do know that he was alive on that date,” he told media.
“Someone out there must know what happened to a 22-month-old child.”
Det Insp Hansen said there was no record of the toddler attending any school or medical centre in the past 10 years.
Baden was in the care of his parents when he disappeared.
The family then relocated to NSW in August 2007.
Det Insp Hansen confirmed court proceedings surrounding the case had resulted in the investigation being returned to Queensland police last November, which led to the fresh appeal for information.
Det Insp Hansen said Baden’s family had told investigators their son was being looked after by other family members and friends.
“They’ve given us a number of versions but none of them have resulted in Baden being located,” he said.
Police also confirmed bones had been found in the backyard of the family’s former Woodbridge home during a forensic search a year ago.
But Det Insp Hansen said he believed it would be another few months before the lab came back with the results about whether they were human bones.
Police would not confirm if Baden had ever been in the care of child services, but said the toddler had not been there since his disappearance.
Det Insp Hansen urged any former neighbours, friends or anyone who saw anything out of the ordinary at the property between March and August 2007 to call Crimestoppers.