1. Mum says her baby’s face ‘looked like a piece of bacon’ after allergic reaction to sunscreen.
— 7News Yahoo7 (@Y7News) February 1, 2017
A young mum has told 7 News that her young daughter’s face “looked like a piece of bacon” after she suffered a horrific allergic reaction from a Cancer Council sunscreen.
Sarah Wallace said she had used the brand’s Kids 50+ sunscreen on her daughter Chloe, but after she applied it, she developed a blister on her face.
In the following days, the blister spread across little Chloe’s cheeks and nose.
“There was no doubt in my mind it was directly from the product itself,” Wallace told 7 News.
Chloe’s reaction is the latest in a string of incidents across several brands in which consumers have complained of suffering severe burns and reactions despite applying sunscreen before stepping outside.
The Cancer Council said about one in about 125 people are likely to react to ingredients, which were approved by authorities and are common in most sunscreen brands.
“Babies skin is particularly sensitive and it’s also thinner than adult skin so the ability to get a reaction is much higher,” Cancer Council CEO Professor Sanchia Aranda told 7 News.
Parents are urged to do a patch-test before use.
2. Aged care worker who took naked selfies with patients put on sex offenders list.
— ABC News Tasmania (@abcnewsTas) February 1, 2017