A two-month-old baby has died after a suspected spider bite.

A Western Australian family is grieving their infant son who died from a suspected spider bite.

Two-month-old Lance Ryder died ten hours after his parents found him with two marks on his hand, according to WA Today.

He was flown from Geraldton to Perth for treatment but relatives have confirmed he passed away on Monday night.

Watch Seven’s report here. Post continues after video…

Video by Yahoo7

“Such a tragedy to hold your dying son in your arms,” his aunt Kathleen Nelly wrote on the fundraising page set up to cover the family’s funeral costs and pay for a memorial stone.

“Waiting for an appt at [Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital] today I was in waiting room with the baby’s grandfather and baby’s older brother who was 13 months old,” Vanessa Watson wrote.

“They were waiting while the mother was at the morgue. I was stunned and heartbroken for this family.”

Advertisement

It is extremely rare to die from a spider bite in Australia, the last confirmed dead was in 1979.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION