Isn’t it strange. Children; “little humans” who will one day be older humans, adults. You sometimes forget that they won’t always be this age, and when you remember, it’s a strange thought.
I think of all these things I would want to my children to know about being an adult. I decided I would write them down so when they’re old enough they could read them and hopefully understand that sometimes their mother was right.
- The world is full of good people. Don't let the small minority ruin your thoughts on other cultures and countries.
- Hate is such a powerful word. It shouldn't be thrown around freely.
- You’re entitled to feel the way you do about things. Sometimes people won't agree and that’s ok. We aren't all made to be the same.
- Your opinion matters but that doesn't mean it is asked for at certain times.
- There is the truth, the other side of the truth and then the actual truth. Don't believe everything you hear. Never be too quick to take sides.
- Love is powerful and it will make you want to do crazy things.
- Raising a fist is never ever the answer. Walking away makes you the bigger person. However, always defend yourself.
'We love you that much it can hurt.' Image supplied.
- Learn to appreciate the life you've been given. We’ve worked hard to give you what we can. It may not be as much as someone else, but it's enough.
- We love you that much it can hurt.
- Your heart will one day be broken. Don't do revenge, just accept and move on.
- The amount of times I made you cry, you made me cry more. Endless hours I have cried over you, for you and with you. You’re my heart that lives on the outside of my chest.