We asked mums in the Mamamia community what they wish people would stop saying to someone on maternity leave. Here's what they shared.
But first, check out these iconic celebrity pregnancy reveals. Post continues below.
1. "What are you going to do all day?" - Nicola.
2. "'Enjoy the time off!' ... because it is not time off, it's 24/7 unpaid labour." - Leigh.
3. "Assuming someone will take a year at least and being shocked if they don't." - Cliona.
4. "When I went on maternity leave, everyone kept saying how I was leaving them and made it sound like I was dying. I had to keep reminding them I was coming back." - Emily.
5. "You’re so lucky to get a holiday!" - Elizabeth.
6. "'You'll have heaps of time to work on your own thing or your business and catch up on reading.' ... Nope." - Madeline.
7. "People kept saying how nice it must be to not have to go to work - WORK IS EASY, NEW MUMMING IS REALLY HARD." - Claire.
8. "Will you be breastfeeding? You sure you’re not having twins?" - Mel.
9. "'Sleep as much as you can before the baby arrives, because you’ll never sleep again!' 1. Unhelpful. 2. It doesn’t work like that." - Rachel.