Welcome to your weekend edition of fluff. So if you missed out this week, or just can’t get enough of fluff, you’re welcome.
1. An ENGAGEMENT. A WEDDING. And a PREGNANCY.
Three bits of local happy news. Australian model Erin McNaught is engaged to music producer Example (real name Elliot Gleave). Apparently, Elliot proposed to Erin in Brisbane, while the couple were visiting her family.
Flick through our gallery of other celebrities who have recently announced engagements:
Designer Rachel Gilbert married Tom Williams over the weekend, at Kincoppal Rose Bay. Gilbert wore a strapless self-designed organza gown and her bridesmaids were dressed in long silver gowns. The reception was held at Catalina.
See THE dress (and other recent celebrity weddings) in the gallery below:
And X-Factor judge Natalie Basingthwaite has confirmed she is pregnant with her second child due in June next year. Congrats to all three couples.
3. Chris Brown sinks (even) lower with vile abuse
Someone just needs to tell Chris Brown to stop doing things. ALL the things. Because he’s just reached a whole new devastatingly depressing low by abusing a woman on Twitter.
The 23-year-old singer – who is, incidentally, still on probation for beating his girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 – abused comedy writer Jenny Johnson after she replied to one of his tweets calling him a “worthless piece of s**t”.
In return, he repeatedly called her a “ho”, a “pathetic b*tch” and told her to “take them teeth out when u Sucking my dick HOE.”
And then there was the below CHARMING tweet which Jenny retweeted:
Chris Brown has since deactivated his entire Twitter account but the retweets on Jenny Johnson’s account remain.
This from the New Zealand Herald:
Johnson finished her back-and-forth with the singer by saying: “Okay. I’m done. All I got from that exchange with Chris Brown is that he wants to s**t and fart on me.”
She later posted: “I have zero respect for a person who seems unapologetic for the terrible crime he committed and shows no signs of changing.”
In 2009, Brown assaulted Rihanna during an argument in Los Angeles. He later pleaded guilty to assault.
Since then, Brown has worked to repair his image, undergoing violence counselling and putting out a new album. Recent rumours say he has reunited with Rihanna, after the pair were spotted together during his tour in Europe recently.
To quote one of the women you abused on Twitter, Chris Brown: Your mother must be so proud of you.
5. Is this a satirical, over-worked fashion shoot… or is it just Miranda Kerr’s real life captured on Instagram? Just look at this picture of the supermodel reading a book. Seriously, this one is oddly baffling and we’re unnaturally obsessed with it.
Or does everyone read like that – artfully posed and surrounded by chandeliers…
There are some other interesting shots in this gallery too. A prize should be awarded for Most Photogenic Life.
Totally normal, really. That’s how we read books too.
7. Jessica Simpson is pregnant. Again. She gave birth to a daughter just seven months ago, but this celebrity has already announced her second pregnancy, confirms Us Weekly.
Apparently it “definitely wasn’t planned”, but 32-year-old Simpson and her fiance Eric Johnson are both “overjoyed”.
After giving birth to her daughter Maxwell in May, Jessica told US talk show host Katie Couric: “Motherhood is a dream… It really is absolutely amazing.”
11. Elbows and nipples. What’s the difference? Nothing. According to Facebook, they are the SAME THING. The social media giant and most visited website in the world banned this picture after mistaking the woman’s elbows for nipples. Understandable really, happens to us all the time.
“This photo does not violate our content standards and we have already restored the photo,” an official Facebook spokesperson told the Huffington Post.” We made a mistake removing the picture and apologised to the page admin.”