Sometimes you just want to Switch. Your. Brain. Off…. and flick through the latest outfits in Kardashian land, coo over a celebrity baby and hear what crazy thing Lady Gaga did recently. There’s plenty of quality brainfood elsewhere on the site if that’s what you’re after but if not, why don’t you make yourself a cup of tea, put your feet up and enjoy?
1. Beyonce’s Superbowl performance was probably better than the actual Superbowl – and then, after the concert, this happened:
This picture of a beaming Beyonce jumping into the arms of husband Jay-Z has gone viral.
Beyonce and Jay-Z have been married since 2008, and their baby girl Blue Ivy turned 1-year-old in January.
You can see the entirety of Beyonce’s booty-shakin’ halftime performance here. Must. Watch.
2. Firass Dirani topless. Oh, and a full round up of all the Australian celebrity news. Click here.
3. Wednesday night saw the launch of David Jones’ Autumn/Winter 2013 collection.
Models such as Miranda Kerr and Megan Gale showcased over 230 looks by 37 designers, including Alex Perry, Collette Dinnigan, Rachel Gilbert and Zimmerman.
Take a look through our gallery of the fashion show below. Lace and leather were big, as were prints:
No fashion show is complete without a controversy – and this year, everyone was talking about Miranda opening the show dressed in a tan dress from Ellery, a designer who recently jumped ship from Myer in an alleged breach of contract.
4. Russell Brand protects his ex-wife Katy Perry’s vagina. Just watch.
5. Shakira and her husband, soccer star Gerard Piqué, have introduced their 2-week-old son Milan to the world, with an adorable photo that will melt your ovaries.
The photo, which shows baby Milan receiving a sweet kiss from his father, is available through Shakira and Gerard’s UNICEF webpage – where they are asking for donations to celebrate the arrival of their son, to help save children’s lives. (We donated before using this picture.)
Milan is the first child of the 35-year-old Columbian singer and her footballer partner, 25. The couple have been together since 2011.
The couple write on the UNICEF website: “We hope that, in his name, other less privileged children in the world can have their basic needs covered through gifts and donations. Thank you for sharing this unforgettable moment with us.”
Click through for a gallery of other new celebrity parents:
6. For fans of Downton Abbey – or just fans of laughter – watch this.