It's every parent's worst nightmare. And it happened in just a few minutes at a suburban Sydney park.

The reserve where the crime happened.

Just a few minutes.

That’s all the time it took for a depraved man to follow two little girls into the public toilets of a Sydney park and to subsequently indecently and sexually assault them.

Just a few minutes.

That’s all the time it took for this man to steal these girls’ innocence and change the course of their and their family’s lives forever.

The sisters the man attacked were aged just two and six-years-old.

The incident happened at the Campbell Hill Pioneer­ Reserve in Guildford, NSW, at around 1:30pm yesterday. The girls were reportedly admitted to hospital following the assaults but the extent of their injuries, both physical and psychological, is unknown.

This, from the Daily Telegraph:

Detective Acting Superintendent Peter Yeomans described the attacks as “a parent’s worst nightmare”. “The parents involved in this are absolutely devastated and so is the immediate family,” he told Macquarie Radio on Friday. “It’s horrific, what has happened to them.”

Police and local residents at the scene.

The area around the park was searched with the aid of police dogs and helicopters but the man who assaulted the girls is still on the run.

He is described a being of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean appearance, Middle Eastern or Mediterranean appearance, with black hair. He’s reportedly around 165cm tall (or 5ft 4″) and aged in his 30s.

In a press conference today, he was described as having an average to thin build.

The man was apparently wearing a black hooded jacket and blue shorts.

Here’s hoping he’s caught quickly and given the punishment he deserves.

Anyone with information about the man is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit

UPDATE: Police say they are now viewing CCTV footage from businesses and streets around the park where the man might have passed through.

According to police, the girls went into the toilet where they were then approached by the man who indecently assaulted the 2-year-old and sexually assaulted the 6-year-old.

“The little six-year-old is still very upset by what has occurred. The little two-year-old when it did occur was very upset, was crying,” the Commander of the Child Abuse Squad, Detective Superintendent Peter Yeomans said.

“They are receiving counselling through various counselling services at the Westmead Children’s Hospital,” he said.

“It is a very harrowing scenario for the family.”