Yeah, I’m about to get mushy.
Pregnancy, I’ve found out, is a very me, me, me kind of experience.
No one truly knows what you’re going through except you. Not even other women who’ve been pregnant, because each pregnancy is unique.
More than often, the baby’s dad gets a little left out of the whole pregnancy thing.
While I do try to share as much of it as possible with my husband (like sending him texts with all the gross facts about pregnancy), I am sure there are dads out there that might feel a little bit left out.
But the truth is, dads, you aren’t. Every little thing you do to make pregnancy somewhat better for us, means the world to us. I’m not talking grand gestures. I’m talking the little things you probably don’t even realise you are doing.
So to my baby's daddy, these are the things that make me feel like the luckiest pregnant woman around.
1. While I read fiction on our babymoon, he read the whole baby book before I even looked at it.
2. He learned how to do the washing the way I like it for when the baby comes and I won't have time to do it.
3. During the 8 weeks I experienced 24/7 morning sickness, not once did he complain that I left him stranded every night when I came home from work, said "hi, I'm going to eat a slice of toast and go to bed" at 7pm.
4. He didn't look at the scales at the obstetrician when I was weighed.
5. When I complained about my weight, he said, "don't worry, it's all baby". And when I explained baby weighs about 100 grams, he changed the subject.