We’re halfway through awards season, with the 18th annual Screen Actors Guild awards taking place in Los Angeles today and here are 5 things you need to know about the event.
1. The awards go to both film and television actors and are nominated by their acting peers.
2. The most interesting thing about the awards this year will be the pre-Oscars showdown between Brad Pitt and George Clooney for Best Actor.
3. The acronym (SAG) sounds a bit like the place where elasticated pants go to die.
4. Melissa McCarthy should definitely win the Best Supporting Actor for that bathroom scene in Bridesmaids.
5. The best bit is the red carpet. Well, it is. Take a look at the gallery below.
(We’ll be adding more pics as they come in, so check back for all the red carpet looks).
And if that wasn’t enough red carpet for you, here’s the 32 must-see looks of the week: