Good news! Scientists have confirmed what we’ve known since
time immemorial shopping centres were invented, retail therapy can actually make you happy.
So next time you’re feeling down, don’t feel guilty about heading to your local Westfield centre because “When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.”
1. When you’re killing time at the airport, and also drunk.
Because if there’s ever a time you needed a neon orange skirt in your life, it’s right now.
2. You’re drunk, period.
3. Whenever you’ve had a day like this.
4. Post breakup.
It’s probably also a good time to consider a drastic haircut to go with your new wardrobe.
5. When you’re about to embark on a new fitness regime.
6. Its 3am, and you can’t sleep.
You also get a lovely surprise when said parcel arrives at your front door, and you have no recollection of ever buying it.
7. It’s payday.
“You get a car, and you get a car.”
8. You’re about to go on holidays.
Because I can’t be the only one making holiday outfit mood boards on Pinterest.
9. Two words: birthday money.
10. You have emotions.
Maybe you had a fight with your mum, maybe a douche canoe cheated on you. You just go right ahead and spend that $200. We won’t judge.
11. You got a promotion/payrise.
Follow Nicky Champ on Twitter here.
For more retail therapy validation follow Mamamia Style on Facebook: