What does self-care look like, now you’re a parent? Who has time for meditation, massage and naps when they can't even get a solid six hours sleep at night?
On this episode, you’ll be hearing from mums describing what self-care means to them, including:
- Ashe Davenport on how other people's expectations made it difficult for her to feel like she was allowed to prioritise herself once she became a mum
- Stephanie Thompson and how her writing time is her ‘wine down’ time
- Actress Teresa Palmer who finds solace in listening to true crime podcasts.
Me After You was made in partnership with Huggies: Be Comfortable In Your Skin.
Take our Me After You Feedback Survey for your chance to win a $50 voucher and be loved forever by us. Here's a link to the survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5419259/4a5ebc6da5f8
Host: Laura Byrne @ladyandacat
Executive Producer: Elise Cooper @elisejcooper
Producer and Editor: Lama Zakharia
Head of Audio: Bridget Northeast
Thanks to all the mums who featured in this episode, for sharing their stories to make all mums feel like they’re not alone
- Grace Bell
- Veronica Milsom- @veronicamilsom
- Ashe Davenport- Author of "Sad Mum Lady" https://www.booktopia.com.au/sad-mum-lady-ashe-davenport/book/9781760877637.html
- Brittany Noonan- @bybrittanynoonan
- Truan Terrance
- Stephanie Thompson- @bravemumma and a link to her book, The Day My Vagina Broke... https://www.amazon.com.au/Day-My-Vagina-Broke-childbirth-ebook/dp/B0813YLG4X
- Teresa Palmer- @teresapalmer
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.