“All Lives Matter” - it’s a phrase that you might have seen peppered in the comment sections of news articles, images and videos across social media. So where did the phrase come from, and how do you talk to someone who won’t stop saying it?
What makes you “Pufferfish”? In her most recent stand up special for Netflix, Hannah Gadsby jokes about the banal things that make her arc up just like a Pufferfish.
Plus, you might have seen a story circulating on socials about a popular YouTuber Myka Stauffer and her husband James who said they were ‘re-homing’ their son Huxley, who was adopted from China in 2016. The family made money off Huxley and his adoption journey, but now have admitted they aren’t the right fit for the young boy. The internet pile-on was swift, but was it justified?
This episode of Mamamia Out Loud is brought to you by BWS https://bws.com.au/
- How to have a conversation with someone who says “All Lives Matter” https://bit.ly/conversation-all-lives
- Hannah Gadbsy “Douglas” https://bit.ly/douglas-trailer
- “Becoming” documentary about Michelle Obama https://bit.ly/becomingdoco
- "Becoming" documentary music on Spotify https://bit.ly/becoming-netflix-music
- Rachael Cassela’s article on Mamamia https://bit.ly/carrier-screening
- Get Me Pregnant podcast https://bit.ly/get-me-pregnant
Hosts: Jessie Stephens, Mia Freedman and Holly Wainwright
Producer: Elise Cooper
Via our PodPhone on 02 8999 9386
Via our email at [email protected]
Via our Outlouders Facebook page - https://bit.ly/outloud-facebook