In a perfect world we’d all have a magic wand to wave over our faces when we’re faced with five minutes to get out the door.
An easy-to-blend, lightweight, long-wear, matte foundation would definitely help, but it has always been makeup’s Holy Grail.
Until now, that is.
Clinique’s new 2-in-1 Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer (30ml, $50, available at clinique.com.au and Clinique Counters nationally) is changing the makeup game.
If you find your foundation clings to dry patches on your skin and looks flakey, drop it immediately and try this one. Same goes if the foundation you’re using right now slips off your face before lunch time.
The oil-free formula in this new foundation adapts to the skin’s needs with dual-sphere particles. All that means is that it zaps excess oil in shiny areas or adds a hit of hydration where needed, making it ideal for all skin types.
But the best part of this foundation is the application. Just one dip of the unique doe-foot applicator is enough to do your full face, plus spot concealing too.
1. This foundation alone will deliver a solid 12 hours of wear, but if you’re planning on cocktails after work or your day is going to be a long one, Beyond Perfecting can be used in conjunction with Clinique’s Superprimer. Apply this to the skin first.
2. Then using the backside of the wand, dot foundation across your cheeks, chin and forehead.
3. Now turn the brush over to the angled tip to go over the bridge of your nose, down your cheekbones and across the jawline. Then blend with fingers or a sponge if you prefer. Don’t panic at this point; the slow-drying formula makes it super easy to blend and move with the skin.
4. Finish by using the tip of the wand to pin-point any areas which may need more coverage: around your nostrils, blemishes, pigmentation spots, and your under-eye area (remember this one is a concealer too so you can take it right up under the eye).
5. Take an easy stroll to the bus today because that only took five minutes.
Note: if you’re used to a powdered foundation look and feel, you can apply Clinique’s Blended Loose Powder over the top from hairline to chin.
As Beauty Director at The Glow, it’s my job to test out makeup, so I know how frustrating it is to deal with over-promising and under-delivering products.
Particularly when you’re at a presentation and your so-called ‘long-lasting’ lipstick has eaten away at your lips and gone embarrassingly dry.
I’ve been wearing Clinique’s Beyond Perfecting for weeks now, and haven’t experienced any caking or dry patch mishaps. In fact, I keep getting asked what the new thing I’m doing to my skin is.
If you love the look of ‘no makeup makeup’, but don’t have perfect skin (erm, no one does), Clinique’s Beyond Perfection is how you get it. And if hitting the snooze button (eight or nine times) means more to you than waking up 10 minutes early to throw on makeup, this foundation is a game-changer.
It blends easily, the buildable coverage ensures a budge-proof face that doesn’t feel or look heavy. And the doe-foot applicator feels like you’re airbrushing away any skin imperfections – a bit like that magic wand we’ve always wanted.