In my 17 years as a parent, I’ve discovered one irrevocable truth: The more you ask your child to do something, the less likely they are to do it. So after hours of asking, pleading and cajoling, sometimes we have to get a little more creative…
These 21 brilliant notes parents have left for their children sum things up perfectly:
2. By going Xena: Warrior Princess on their asses.
3. Using a combination of pop culture references and a very real threat to their very existence.
4. By getting them to use their imagination.
5. By busting them with undeniable proof.
6. Turning a negative into a positive.
7. By not making things awkward AT ALL.
8. By getting the Tooth Fairy to do all their dirty work. Nice one.
9. By threatening their very reason for living.
10. By getting straight to the point.
11. By calling out their level of stupidity.
12. Ok this one is just a bit mean.
13. Chela clearly forgot that her parents can give but can also take away.
14. Bet this kid didn't come home late again.
15. That's a lot of ermmm, moisturiser...
16. Don't mess with a mother's clean kitchen.
17. Brian: a balding middle aged dad who is sick of being confused with a kitchen appliance.
18. You will never hear 'Ice Ice Baby' the same way ever again.
19. It's time to go, Keith.
20. Julian has some anger management he's still working through with his Mum.
21. To be fair Matthew, Ghostbusters II is pretty awesome.
If this gave you a giggle, you might also like these: