Have you ever received a package in the mail that you forgot you even ordered?
It’s okay, we’re not going to shame you. This is a safe place, friends.
I mean, what’s not to love about online shopping? You can buy clothes, groceries, shoes, ALL THE THINGS without ever needing to leave the safety of the house.
It’s genius, apart from that one niggling detail: looming credit card debt. And sometimes having to drive 40km to courier depots because you’re not home to receive the package. Oh, and hiding purchases. And buyer’s remorse…
Maybe you’re a seasoned pro, maybe you’re in denial, either way read on for 16 signs you’ll recogise if you’re addicted to online shopping.
1. You know your credit card number off by heart.
3. You’re on a first name basis with the postie.
4. You’re considering buying one of these.
5. You haven’t been in a bricks and mortar store for months but are wearing the latest fashion trend.
6. The key dates in your calendar include Net-a-Porter’s sales.
7. Your bank regularly sends you letters to increase your credit card limit.
8. You’ve reached VIP status at more than one retailer.
9. You know what your size converts to in US, EU, UK without referring to a chart.
10. You can covert UK to AUS dollars but other simple maths problems elude you.
11. You get parcels in the mail that you have no recollection of ever ordering.
12. You know the pain of trying to remember all your store logins at sale time:
13. And the pain of s-l-o-w internet speeds:
14. The motto you live by:
15. How you react when bills come in:
16. You know you need help…
…But AFTER you buy that fabulous pair of shoes.
Sound familiar? What would you add to the list?
To connect with fellow shopping addicts, follow Mamamia Style on Facebook:
Follow Mamamia Style on Facebook
Mamamia Style brings you the best fashion and beauty news from around the world.
From Chanel’s supermarket runway show to Kate Middleton’s latest hair chop, be the first to know what’s happening in the wacky world of fashion.
You can also find Nicky on Twitter here: