1. Miranda Kerr steps down as David Jones ambassador
Australian supermodel and Victoria’s Secret Angel, Miranda Kerr, has stepped down from her role as fashion ambassador for David Jones.
David Jones is yet to make an official announcement, but CEO Paul Zahra has said that: “We will forever consider Miranda part of the David Jones family. We have loved being on this journey with Miranda and feel privileged to not only have been a part of it but to watch Miranda’s remarkable success and growth.
“We wish Miranda every success for what will undoubtedly be a very successful future and would like to thank her wholeheartedly for her wonderful contribution to our brand.”
Miranda has been the brand’s fashion ambassador for five years and will be replaced by model Jessica Gomes. It’s believed that the David Jones brand was unable to renew her $1 million/year contract, which expires next year.
2. Has Miley Cyrus lost the plot? She’s tweeted that she looks like Gollum – with a matching pic – and posted a video of herself “twerking” in a unicorn onesie … see them both here.
3. Ryan Gosling announces break from acting, women everywhere cry themselves to sleep.
He’s the actor who makes every other man look drastically inferior. He’s the actor that was the subject of our most-clicked-on article last year. And he’s taking a break from acting.
The amazing Ryan Gosling told the Associated Press that he is ‘overexposed’.
“I’ve been doing it too much,” he said. “I’ve lost perspective on what I’m doing. I think it’s good for me to take a break and reassess why I’m doing it and how I’m doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does.”
Here’s a gallery of Ryan to get you through this difficult time:
4. Another day, another topless celeb. This time it’s former Harry Potter star Emma Watson stripping off … fortunately for a good cause. See the pic here.
5. Beyonce has partnered with H&M for the summer.
Beyonce will star in the new campaign for the Swedish retailer which is kind of like the equivalent of Cotton On. The images will see her reclining on a beach lounger and posing in swimwear by the sea and generally being Beyonce-ish.
Beyonce said: “I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind.”