Is your home, like ours, stuck in a serious sartorial rut? It’s not that we’ve let things slip entirely, it’s just that we’ve been putting more energy into our closets than our kitchens.
If you answered yes to the above question, then we’ve got some good news because one of 2014’s key interior trends is really easy (and cheap!) to incorporate into your home.
The fashion world has been in love with rich metals like rose gold for a few seasons now, and interior’s new obsession is all things golden. Designers are looking back to the 1970s where brass and bronze were popular in ‘cocktail hour’ accessories like floor lamps, shakers and bar carts. And if you’re a fan of Kelly Wearstler you’ll know she’s been championing the metalllic cause by making nearly entire rooms with brass as the “metal of the moment.”
If a whole room sounds like a bit too much, read on for 12 ways to introduce metals into your interior.
1. Uashmama metallic bags, from $28 BUY HERE (they have free shipping Australia wide).
2. Gold polka dot wall decals, $69.95 Down that little lane BUY HERE.3. Hexagonal metallic candle votives, $29.95 Country Road BUY HERE.
4. Gold sequined ZZZZ cushion $55 Down That Little Lane BUY HERE.
5.Grand Drum Metallic Beside Table, Matt Blatt BUY HERE.
6. XO gold foil print, Blacklist Studio, BUY HERE.
7. Country Road metallic cushion, $59.95, BUY HERE.
8. Tord Boontje for Artecnica garland lights brass, Top3, BUY HERE.9. Skull tealight candle, $24.95 Outliving BUY HERE.
10. Moroccan Pouffe, Table Tonic, BUY HERE.
11. Curved Pop Plant, gold metallic rim (not shown) $60 inc plant, Pop Plant BUY HERE.12. Tom Dixon Eclectic Candle Set, Safari Living, BUY HERE.
For more beauty and style news like Mamamia Style on Facebook: