news

Melissa George on her alleged domestic assault: "I couldn’t walk."

Last year, French media broke the news that Australian actor Melissa George had been hospitalised following an altercation with her former partner, the father of her two children, at their Parisian home.

Six months and a highly publicised court case later, the Grey’s Anatomy star is set to take Channel 7’s Sunday Night beyond the headlines.

A promotional clip for this weekend’s exclusive interview previews an emotional first-hand recount of the events of that September night.

“I’ve been hit, I’ve been in a fight,” George says through tears. “I’ve got my babies.”

The 40-year-old was reportedly taken to Cochin Hospital after reporting to police in the 8th Arrondissement suffering facial injuries, pain, nausea and dizziness.

“I couldn’t walk. I couldn’t turn my neck,” George says in the Sunday Night preview.

melissa george sunday night interview
Melissa's emotional interview. Image: Channel 7

George's partner since 2011, Jean-David Blanc, appeared before a French court in October on domestic assault charges, but denied the allegations and in turn pressed charges against her.

Noting both parties had sustained injuries, a French judge determined it was impossible to determine who had initiated the altercation, and thus found both Blanc and George guilty of “violences volontaires".

They are each appealing their convictions.

Sarah Ferguson and Andrew a former abuser talk about Domestic Violence in Australia. (Post continues after podcast.)

George met Blanc, the now-38-year-old founder of cinema service organisation AlloCiné, at a BAFTA after-party in 2011 and began dating the following year.

They have two children together, Solal, 1, and Raphaël, three.

The Sunday Night interview airs at 8:30pm on Channel 7.

FROM OUR NETWORK
00:00 / ???